This week’s Young and Hungry was nothing if not a platform for a cute Jessie McCartney cameo and some really clever koala puns. And when Gabi fell for her boss Josh’s new employee she learned an important lesson about dating co-workers: you don’t shit where you eat.
Especially when you’re a personal chef.
See more Young & Hungry fashion
On this week’s Young & Hungry, when Gabi’s boss Josh punches a savvy hacker he’s trying to recruit, Gabi invites him over for nachos to try to smooth things over. Young and Hungry inspiration Gabi Moskowitz of The Broke Ass Gourmet shares her magical college nachos recipe. Because, seriously, what can’t guacamole and corn chips fix? For more recipes, check out Gabi’s cookbooks.
- 6 cups tortilla chips $2 for 16 oz.
- 1/2 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained $1.50
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, cheddar, or jack cheese $3 for 8 oz.
- 1 green jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced (leave the seeds intact if you really like spicy) $0.50
- 1 avocado, diced $1.50
- 3 tbsp sour cream or Mexican crema $1.50 for 15 oz.
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped $1
- 1/2 red onion, diced $0.50
- 1 Roma tomato, cored and diced $0.50
RECIPE SERVES 4-6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread chips over an ungreased baking sheet. Scatter beans over the chips. Cover with shredded cheese and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top baked nachos with jalapeño, avocado, sour cream or crema, cilantro, onion, and tomato.
- Serve immediately.