Yesterday I got to do something really cool. I got a sneak peek at the first ever Lululemon warehouse sale that’s taking place in Chicago January 27-29 at the Rosemont Convention Center.
Let me tell you, it was great. There’s tons of product, including my beloved Groove pants in denim (dying), and a tie dye sweatshirt that I’ve been sweating for a while.
Here’s the scoop:
- Wear sneakers. You’re going to want to try on the pants (probably.) and they look funny with stilettos. Also the room is huge and you’re going to be doing a lot of walking, so be comfortable.
- Wear good undies and shave. It’s a communal dressing room. If you haven’t grown up in a Loehmann’s environment, welcome to my world.
- Hit the headbands first. These are the best and at $4 they’re a steal. Those will be the first to go. Promise.
- Don’t be a sizeist. This is yogawear, so feel free to go up a size if you really, really want that lace trim scuba sweatshirt.
- Bring a shopping bag to carry your haul. There are no shopping bags so unless you have superhuman strength you’re going to need to carry it in something.
- Come early. It’s going to be a zoo. I guarantee it’s going to smell like a Bar Method studio. Don’t forget your deoderant.
- Wear a tank top. All that shopping will make you hot! Wear layers.
- No purses allowed. Wear pockets because you only get to bring your credit card, cash, phone and ID in. Everything else gets checked.
- Be zen. It’s going to be crazy. So do some breathing and remember, it’s just stuff. Don’t lose your head. All sales are final.
- Pricing is all based on stickers. Scuba jackets were (I think) about 70, pants 55 and crops 36. Don’t quote me on that.
Got a question? Leave it in the comments. See you there!